Sunday, July 28, 2013

What I wanted to teach you....

                                                                                                                                              July 28, 2013

Hello my children,

There were so many things I wanted to teach you when you were growing up. Some things I did teach you by word and deed. Some things I may have not taught well. Some things I may have totally missed. I apologize for those things.

I had lists of things to teach (I am the daughter of "The Girl of 100 Lists" - an 80's song by the Go-Go's that Aunt Dee used to refer to Grandma Wanlass...) Anyway, the LESSON here is to not be so busy making lists (although I believe lists are good) and keeping them neat in a notebook that you don't do what is on the list!

That being said...here are things I meant to teach you:

* To work - and to work hard - and happily - and that work is good.

* To live within your means. Good grief, if I didn't teach this by word I hope your father and I taught this by example!

* To avoid debt.

* To value learning. (If you missed this one I think it is your fault. I know we have taught this by word and deed. :) )

* Be prepared - for anything and everything. It brings peace.

Just a few things for now...

Love ya!

Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment