Sunday, July 28, 2013

Holiness



Hello my children,

Yes, it is me again but I really want to get rid of some these notes...so I will keep posting.

I am pretty sure I didn't teach you enough when you were little about Holiness. If you were little now I would. It is something I have learned a lot more about the last 15 years or so.

In fact, I bought a book several years ago titled, "The Holiness of Everyday Life" by Joan MacDonald. You may borrow it, if you are ever interested. It is one of those books that is life enriching if not changing. If I could only keep 10 books - it would be one I would keep. I believe I bought it for several friends after I read it because I loved it so much.

Anyway, I learned much from it. I also just ran across some notes I wrote - I am not sure from where. But here they are...

* Holiness requires effort.

* Holiness is a choice.

* Holiness is not boring.

* The temple gives us courage to take the risks of holiness. (That is something to ponder, isn't it!)

The Lord tells us to be holy - yet we resist.

To sanctify means to make holy. I think about this each week when I hear the sacrament prayers. "To bless and sanctify this bread to those who partake of it".  To bless and make holy this bread to those who partake of it. Is it holy to me? When I think about this it makes taking the sacrament more meaningful to me.

Anyway, I hope we will all strive for more holiness in our lives.

Love ya!

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment